REI Packable Fleet Jacket
We runners are always on the hunt for the perfect: shoe, shorts, hat, hydration container, socks, shirt, etc, etc. So, after way too many wet and cold (cold was the reason I broke down) runs, I decided it was time to buy a rain jacket. I wasn’t going to buy any jacket.
This is what I wanted:
- Fashionable (the most important, right?)
This is what I didn’t want:
- Sleeves too short (I have long arms)
So, out I went to shop for the perfect jacket. I must have tried on a half dozen jackets, and almost gave up before I was directed to the men’s section at REI (I didn’t even think about venturing to the other side), and tried on a few more before I found…THE ONE!
REI Packable Fleet jacket offers everything I want/need.
- Out of all the jackets I looked at, it was the best price…by nearly $50. It retails for $54.50.
- It is my favorite color, blue, and a very nice shade of blue. (also comes in other colors: coal and neon yellow)
- It fits the best. It is semi-fitted, and the sleeves are nice and long. (a lot of the jackets I tried on had no shape at all)
- There is no bulky hood. Do you wear a hood when you run? Way too constricting.
- It is extremely light weight. If it was really windy, and I was holding it and then let go, it would fly away and never be seen again. Similar to a feather.
- There is mesh under the arms and at the wrists to enhance breathability
- It is really, really soft. The fabric is high quality
- It is windproof as well
- Media port in pocket
So far, it is working perfectly. I don’t overheat, and the rain beads off it nicely. I recommend this jacket to both men and women runners looking for a lightweight rain jacket.