July race DONE and WON…CHECK! (read all about it here)
August race DECIDED…CHECK!
I am going to hold to my original decision (per my 2012 race goals) for my August race and go with the Lake Union 10K, August 19. This will only be my second 10k of my running career (read my running resume here).
Details of the race:
- 4th annual
- Starts and finishes in Lake Union Park (new location this year)
- Follows the Cheshiahud running path along Lake Union
- Supports Girls on the Run of Puget Sound (a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering healthy choices, including running, for girls)
- Race limited to 1500 runners/walkers, so don’t delay in registering (register here)
- $35 if registered before August 1, $45 from August 1-18
- Online registration closes August 16
- Register in person: 5focus or Fleet Feet
- Race starts at 7:30 AM
Are you a barefoot runner? Special awards (bottle of Barefoot wine) given to the top male and female barefoot runners.
I run this route…a lot. So much I could probably run with my eyes closed.
Who is running the Lake Union 10k?